The Feature Report option allows you to obtain information about code and code prefix usage. When the option is selected, n4ce will analyse all the features in the current model and display a dialog box showing this information as shown below.
Note an ! will be shown next to any Line Features that have just 1 point.
The Code List field displays the feature code information. The content of this list varies and is controlled by radio buttons at the bottom left of the dialog box.
All Features - will display a list of all the features in the current model.
- Undefined Feature Codes - Will display a list of those features that do not have a recognised code prefix. A count of features with undefined codes is displayed in a field towards the centre of the dialog.
- Features with Warnings - Will display a list of those features where a warning can be generated other than that there is no recognisable code prefix. Counts of features with point count or dimension warnings are displayed towards the centre of the dialog.
- Used Feature Prefixes - Will display a list of all the used code prefixes that are used by the model. When all or undefined features are displayed, a green tick or a red cross will be displayed next to each item in the list. A green tick signifies that the feature has a recognisable code prefix whilst a red cross signifies that one has not been found. If you select the Coding button and the highlighted item in the list has a green tick next to it, you can change the defaults used for the code prefix used by that feature. If you select this button when there is a red cross displayed, you are given the option to create a new code prefix for that feature. If a new code prefix is created, n4ce will check to see whether any other features with undefined codes can use it. The Recode button allows you to recode any feature, whether it has a recognised code prefix or not.
- String Distances and Areas - This option changes the display to list each individual string and its associated plan distances, slope length, and if closed, its area.
- Prefix Distances and Areas - This option changes the display to list the TOTAL plan distances, slope lengths, and if closed, areas of each code in turn.
When displaying features with warnings, there are two warnings that can be displayed, apart from a warning for an undefined code prefix which is handled separately. Point count warnings are where the number of points on a feature is inconsistent with the number of points required for a given symbol or shape feature. An example of this is where a string of three-point manholes has been surveyed using only eleven points. Dimension warnings are where n4ce has been told to expect a given dimension and it is not present on one or more points in a feature. The Coding button can be used to change the code prefix defaults for a feature or the Recode button can be used to recode any feature.
When the code prefixes that have been used in the current model are displayed, the Coding button can also be used to change the code prefix defaults. However, the Recode button is disabled. The Report button will generate a report window, the information of which is dependent upon what is currently displayed in the list
The graphic pane to the right of the dialog will display what is highlighted in the list. All feature strings in the model are displayed. The highlighted feature, or features using the highlight code prefix, will be displayed normally whilst all others will be displayed in grey.