This article will go through the process involved when importing and Exporting as a CSV.
Start by opening a new n4ce project and selecting File > Import, a new window will appear asking you to locate a file to import, in this case, please choose a CSV file. Or you can drag and drop the CSV file onto the n4ce project.
Loads raw point data from CSV files. The format of the data needs to be predefined so that n4ce knows what type of data is in each column. Having selected the file a dialog box similar to that below will be shown.
Once either of these methods has been done a new window will appear which allows you to filter the data which is going to be used by n4ce. To do this please press "Edit", and a similar window will appear with arrows between available and selected sections. To use a specific Data type E.g. Code ensure you have moved it from the left side to the right using the middle arrows ">". In addition to this, the Up and Down buttons allow you to change the order in which the CSV data is seen. (The Selected order needs to match the order of data in the top section of the window).
Before Edit has been selected After Edit has been selected
- Remember Code: Is used to remember the Code from the previous reading(s) if it is missing.
- Headers: Adds the names of the columns to the top of the CSV when exported.
- Skip Lines: Set to 1 of the imported file has a single line at the top describing the column names. Or larger if there is a large header block at the top of the file.
- Separator: When importing or exporting CSV files we can indicate the separator.
- Extension: When a new CSV is imported and create a new filter, the extension for the filter is the extension for the file.
Note: A new option from n4ce 4.20c and above allows CSV files to contain Latitude and Longitude Co-Ordinates which will then be converted into OS Grid. Gridded CSV import and exports are slightly different too normal CSV files as they create a Gridded DTM.
To export a CSV file please return to the spreadsheet view, right-click the CSV item under co-ordinates and select Export CSV files.