April 1st Update
- User-definable Profile templates can now be passed along a 3d Feature to generate 3d Objects. This video demonstrates the process from start to end. https://youtu.be/70gspRv7Lug
- Once extruded by the above tool. They can now be stitched together. The video demonstrates its function. https://youtu.be/a3NvwdqXO5w
- Support has now been added for RIEGL .rdbx files. So there is no need to convert registered RIEGL data to E57 or LAS files before importing them into n4ce.
- The plotting of Long and Multi sections has had a huge overhaul. Now a live preview that can be zoomed and panned, updated to show the results of changes to the plot settings as they are changed. https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/5093200428561-Section-plotting-changes-in-n4ce-4-40-April-2022-onwards
- When sketching Linear Elements in the Vt Alignment Designer in n4ce Designer, the tooltips now preview the live gradient of the element to help design alignments that may have gradient constraints.
- In the project manager, the "Send To Folder" option to move a Model into a Custom Folder could have caused a crash.
March 3rd Update
- Ground Extraction tool for Point Clouds added to Pro and Designer. (https://youtu.be/WFm7RUyvfxU)
- Key added for Point Cloud Groups in the 3d Viewer. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360023992751).
- Re-Meshing option added to help skin over holes in surfaces generated from point clouds. (https://youtu.be/g7danVKhjwQ)
- Smoothing option added to help remove noise from the surfaces generated from point clouds.
- Sphere finding tool added to the 3d View to help locate Scan Targets.
- Height and Stagger tool added to Designer Feature Extraction bolt-on.
- Options to extend line features to CAD linework. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360013668691).
- Option added to the Right-click menu on an observation in the project manager to rotate all readings in sync with the current one, when the current reading is set to s specific bearing.
- New option in the design menu to fit a circle to a rectangular section of points and create a point at the centre. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/4413892942225)
- The option to import Topcon PT3 and LN3 machine control files as models has been added.
- New option in River Sections to break up a single string and create multiple river sections by distance. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/4416934998033)
- New 1-Pt Falling and 1pt Direction options in coded symbols to create symbols that show the direction of fall between two points. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/4418557683089)
- New option to create road hatching between lines on long sections of road. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/4518963422993)
- The Circle Finder in the 3d View and under the Design menu in Designer has been improved to find multiple circles in a scan or point data. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/4413892942225-Best-Fit-Circle-From-Selected-Points-Design-Tab-Menu).
- When picking points in the point cloud, a new setting called "Pick Precision" is available. This is to try and improve the picking of data closer to the camera so that points behind are not accidentally picked instead. Course can be thought of as picking with a finger... Where Fine is pin sharp. (https://help.appsincadd.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360024024832).
- Topcon Magnet XML import improved.
- Speed of deleting lots of Points and Linework that are in the DTM improved.
- # coding was not properly implemented in JXL files.
- The elevation create and reverse tools have been migrated to Lite.
- DTM Boundary commit and import has been added to Lite.
- Solid fills now support curved boundaries.
- New option in coded points to allow the alignment of the point symbol to a line feature.
- New option to query the chainage and offset of a point along a feature.
- Improvement in speed when handling code text data including heights, number and codes.
- New option in observations to export the selected observations using the CSV filters
- New option to calculate smoothed gradients at points in model using the surrounding triangles. https://youtu.be/leRDxkh_SoQ
- When committing a line, shape or symbol feature, you are now given the option to delete the original feature
- The LS= and LC= dimensions can now be used at any point along a line feature.
- The number of custom folders that can be added to a project has been increased to 40.
- Bug that stopped digitising in the 3d View, when the Project manager was minimised.
- Bug that panned and zoomed incorrectly when the camera is in a 2d view in the 3d Viewer and it sync'd with a model view.
- Model view not updating when data digitised in the 3d view.
- Volume tables could have double columns for group depth.
- Creating a Model from a single group with a depth did not take the group depth into account.
- In the string volume table, when turning on plan areas with slope areas ticked, the columns were not correct
- Placing a Legend on a Drawing could have caused a crash.
- Snake grid transforms on CAD data incorrectly adjusted the height.
- The import of CSV code files for Geomax now imports attribute fields correctly
- Threaded contours in Grid Models would not always be coloured correctly when using DTM shading.
November 12th Update
- A file is now written next to any imported IFC file called <name of ifc>.ifcSettings. This stores the state of the IFC data so that when the IFC file is reloaded at a later date, the same elements within the IFC are hidden or visible.
- The speed of sectioning IFC data has been improved.
- PDFs could no longer be imported because a file was missing from the installation.
- Certain TIFFs would not read correctly
November 5th Update
- IFC data can now be sectioned to extract setting out data.
- The state of IFC data is remembered whist the Project is open.
- Fixed an issue when digitising in a Section view in a Point cloud that prevented the point from being locked to properly.
- Plotting Cad Legends could cause a crash
November 2nd Release
- IFC files can now be imported into the 3d Viewer. To import an IFC simply drag and drop the file from your file explorer into the 3d window. This video link explains more about what can be done with IFC data. https://youtu.be/7Zm34OYb0lA
- For users of the Ribbon Bar interface. When in CAD a Properties pane will appear when an object is clicked on. This interface allows the properties of the selected entity to be edited on the fly.
- For users in the Rail industry with Designer and the Point Cloud Feature extraction bolt-on, a new Height and Stagger tool has been added. This video link https://youtu.be/xA1zGatULLs explains more about how to use it and what can be done with it. Note that this tool works hand in hand with a specialist Excel plugin that can be found in the Excel Plugins folder off of the n4ce Settings file shortcut that is placed on the desktop during an install. To install the add-in please double click on the HandSAddin.vsto file.
- A new Image Place tool is available to allow a selected image to be fitted to a given baseline. So if an image appears in a CAD dwg, and a line drawn across its base. The same line can be used to place the image into the same coordinate system in n4ce.
- In Pro and Designer, the Line Extend tools now have an option to extend to meet CAD linework in a CAD backcloth.
- A new option in the code table under the Lines tab allows you to ignore line features when calculating cross sections through features.
- New option to adjust all horizontal angles on a setup so that the initial RO angle is set to a specific bearing.
- # coding that allows multiple codes to be applied to the same point in the field is now supported on JXL, Magnet MXL, GeoMAX RAW and Leica ICON.
- Import LandXML survey data improved for the Topcon style of XML export
- Large numbers of Points can now be deleted from a DTM very quickly, without the system becoming unresponsive for a while as each point is removed and the DTM stitched up after.
- The speed of thread contour calculations for grid models has been improved for large Lidar models as long as the option to Dissect the model was enabled when it was generated.
- When calculating the intersection of two features, the option to only insert on the first has been added.
- When importing from JXL, hash codes and coding conventions now followed when added after the Code on the logger. Needs the "No Dims Labels" Code Convention in the codetable.
- A bug was found and fixed that would cause n4ce to crash randomly because a windows UI resource was not being properly released. Normally this would take at least a few hours to build up to cause the crash. But some users did experience it happing much sooner, for unknown reasons.
- Volume tables could have had additional unwanted columns.
- When importing images from PDF files, if the PDF was rotated, the image displayed in the dialog was not correct.
- When importing from DWG files into CAD, the Import 3D Faces check box did not work correctly.
- Bi-Arc fitting could come up with a divide by zero when curving points that a very close together.
- When carrying out a single string volume using a grid model, the table preview crashed.
- When densifying, if either point of a segment had a null height, interpolation of new points to a model did not take place