Any New Text will be generated honouring the current Layer, Colour, Style and Lock settings.
Text settings themselves such as the style to use, or size and justification etc are all controlled via the T icon in the CAD view. Pressing this icon results in the following setting dialog window showing.
Any changes made here will effect any NEW text that is created. If an item of text already exists and a certain property needs to be changed. Then once the changes have been made to this dialog, use Text/Attributes/Set... to apply the new settings to existing text entities.
Note that the heights of all new text items is generated with respect to the current Scale setting (Alt + V).
- Create 1 Point Text - Generates a single item of Text at a specified position on screen. Having identified the intended location of the text an input box will prompt for the required text string. Note that the current justification setting will control exactly where the text is plotted in relation to the specified location.
- Create 2 Point Text - Generates a single item of Text at a specified position and orientation on screen. Having identified the intended location of the text a second point is then required to define its rotation. Once the second point is accepted an input box will prompt for the text to plot.
- Create 3 Point Text - Generates text designed to fit and fill a given selection rectangle. The order of the indicated points is however very important. Point one defines the bottom left corner of the text, the second defines the rotation and bottom right corner of the text. The third must be above the baseline defined by the first two points and dictates the height of the text. Once the third point is accepted an input box will prompt for the text to plot.
- Create Label - This tool creates a single piece of horizontally aligned text with an arrow pointing to an indicated item of interest. Having selected this option, indicate the point at which the arrow head should start, followed by the location at which the text should be plotted. Once the second point is accepted an input box will prompt for the text to plot. The justification of the text will be automatically set depending on how the arrow head is positioned relative to the position of the text.
- Incremental - Allows numerical text to be added where each new value is incremented from the one before. Having selected this option a dialog appears prompting for the starting value, and also the required increment. Subsequent clicks on screen will generate the new text, each incremented from the previous.
- File - This tool allows a given text file to be plotted on screen at a specified location.
- Parallel Text - Copies the angle of an existing piece of text and then prompts for the location of the new text. Finally an input box allows for the new text to be entered before plotting it at the new location.
- Parallel Segment - Copies the angle of an indicated line segment and then prompts for the location of the new text. Finally an input box allows for the new text to be entered before plotting it at the new location.
- Parallel Column - Having indicated an existing item of text, this tool then prompts for the new text to be plotted. The new text item is then plotted below and aligned to the previous piece. The tool is recursive so it will keep putting text below the previous copy until Cancel is pressed.
- Modify Words - Changes the text of an indicated piece of text.
- Modify Replace - Changes all occurrences of a given piece of text with another.
- Modify Align - Re-orientates a given piece of text to a new indicated location.
- Modify Move & Align - Having indicated an existing piece of text, it will then be attached to the cursor so it can then be relocated and finally re-oriented with a second click of the mouse.
- Modify Readability - Toggles the Readability setting of an existing item of text. When enabled Readability flips text over when rotated past the vertical, thereby ensuring it can still be read easily.
- Backcloth Copy - Copies an indicated item of CAD text forward into the current CAD model, from text that is actually in a second CAD model backclothed into the first.